Do I Qualify To Take The HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer (CHCO) Exam?
In order to be eligible for the HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer Exam, a candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer Course
- Currently an experienced HIPAA Compliance Officer or Healthcare Compliance Professional
- Have five (5) or more years of Compliance experience
Not sure if your experience or credential meets the certification exam guidelines? Contact Us for assistance!
About the Certification Exam
- The cost for one (1) exam attempt is INCLUDED in your tuition, provided you take the exam within three (3) months of completing the training.
- The exam is 100 questions, open book, open note and three (3) hours
- The questions consist of T/F, Multiple Choice and Fill-in-the-Blank
- There are three (3) Domains:
- Acronyms and Terms
- The exam is taken online from the comfort of your home or office by appointment only and scheduled with a professional AIHC proctor
- Certification is approved by the Certification Exam Board through the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance (AIHC)
- Click Here for more information regarding our Certification Exam policies including scheduling and cancellation fees
Once credentialed, you will have access to the HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer Professionals page containing additional resources to help educate others within your work place.
Exam Retake Policy
- Two (2) additional attempts are permitted
- There is a $75.00 re-scheduling fee
- Once you re-schedule your exam, you will be given access back to the course page to review
- Per guidelines set forth by our Certification Exam Board, candidates not passing after a total of three (3) attempts are not eligible to certify through our organization
How Do I Maintain My CHCO Credential?
- 6 CEUS are needed annually to maintain your CHCO credential. Click Here to view renewal requirements
Certification Renewal is Annual
- One (1) renewal payment is due each year during the month of your original course registration
- If you have certified prior to your annual membership renewal date, CEUs needed for continued certification will be prorated. After your first renewal, 6 CEUs will then be required each year per course
AIHC offers $35 short courses and Free CEU articles/quizzes to make renewing your credential easier.