HIPAA Privacy & Security Training Camp
Las Vegas, Nevada
September 2-3, 2020
AIHC CHCO Students & Credentialed Professionals
Attend for only $225.00!
Requirement To Attend This Training Camp at the Discounted Price
To register to attend this training camp at the discounted price of $225, you must be either:
- A CHCO Certified Member who is interested in networking and earning continuing education units (CEUs) to renew your certification OR
- Currently enrolled in the HIPAA Online Course and wishing to "flip" and complete the program by attending this training event.
Camp Tuition Includes
- Two Days of Classroom Training to Review Key Course Concepts: Lunch is provided.
- Training Materials and Access to the Online Training Page with Quizzes and Downloadable Information.
- Mock Exam.
- One (1) Certification Exam Attempt, Provided the Exam is Taken Within Three (3) Months of the Last Day of Camp.
Training Camp Presenter
Joanne Byron, BS, LPN, CCA, CIFHA, CHA, CHCM, CHBS, CHCO, OHCC, CMDP, ICDCT-CM/PCS, CEO of the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance
David Sims, Cybersecurity Expert
Five (5) or more years of experience working with HIPAA compliance or healthcare compliance, preferably as a HIPAA Compliance Officer or healthcare compliance professional.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Live
Earn 18 CEUs and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
This program has been approved for 18 continuing education units by the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance for AIHC Certified Professionals. These continuing education units may be applied towards the Core, HIPAA, and Ethics Category CEU Renewal Requirements for the following AIHC credentials: CHCO, CHA, CIFHA, and OHCC.
This program has been approved for 18 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Core Content Hours Approved: Privacy & Security, 18 Hours
18 CPE Credits
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
The American Institute of Healthcare Compliance is registered with the National Associate of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present on both days of the training. You will register your attendance and departure on the sign-in sheets provided at the event sign-in table.
Take the CHCO Certification Exam within Three (3) Months of Camp
To take advantage of the exam attempt included in your camp tuition, you must take the exam within three (3) months of the last day of the training camp. If you wait until more than three (3) months after the last day of camp to attempt the certification exam, you must pay for each exam attempt at the rate of $75 per attempt.
Training Camp Topics
- COVID-19 and HIPAA
- Introduction to HIPAA & HITECH
- Importance of HIPAA
- Business Associates & Business Associate Agreements (BAA)
- Notice of Privacy Practices & Understanding Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Privacy & Breach
- EDI, Transactions, Code Sets
- HIPAA Privacy Rule under GINA
- 42 CFR Part 2 Program and how healthcare providers can determine how Part 2 applies to your organization
- Electronic Health Records: Meaningful Use
- HIPAA Security & Mitigating Risk
- HIPAA Security Rule & Understanding the Concepts of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Administrative Safeguards under HIPAA
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- Mitigating Risk of Cybercrime: Cybersecurity Tips & Resources
Training Camp Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
4315 Swenson Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Special Event Room Rates for Attendees of this Training
- Single or Double Rate: $129 per Night (Before Tax)
Twin Double Bed
- Single or Double Rate: $149 per Night (Before Tax)
The deadline to obtain these special room rates is July 31, 2020. After July 31st, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to obtain these special rates when making a guest room reservation.
Make Your Guest Room Reservations Directly With the Hotel
Call the hotel at 702-795-2800 or 1-800-EMBASSY and inform them that you are attending the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance Event to obtain our discounted room rate.
Complimentary for Guests of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
- Made-to-order breakfast
- Nightly evening reception, 5:30-7:30pm
- Shuttle service to the Strip
- Business center
- Fitness room, hot tub, and pool
Fly into Las Vegas International Airport - McCarren Airport
This event is located near Las Vegas International Airport - McCarren Airport. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to the airport, but not from the airport.
Airport shuttles from Las Vegas International Airport - McCarren Airport to local hotels and resorts are available. Visit the airport website for more details.
August 21, 2020 at 12:00pm EST
Refunds are not available. However, for AIHC online courses and training camps, you may opt to request a credit voucher, provided you meet the requirements outlined in our Administrative Policies. Please view the Administrative Policies page or contact our office toll-free at 866-571-5635 for more information regarding our refund, complaint, and program cancellation policies.